Language

Don't you have an account with Pajhwok Afghan News?

Click here to subscribe.

19 injured in Nangarhar mosque bombing

3 Aug 2012 - 17:47
3 Aug 2012 - 17:47

JALALABAD (PAN during Friday’s prayers in the Chaparhar district of eastern Nangarhar province, police said.

The incident took place in the Daulatzai village, where the bomb had been planted in the mosque’s mehrab (arch). The explosive device went off when the imam was giving khutba (sermon), the Nangarhar police chief said.

Brig. Gen. Abdullah Stanikzai told Pajhwok Afghan News no one was killed, but 19 people sustained injuries. Police have launched an investigation into the incident.

Public Health Director Dr. Baz Mohammad confirmed receiving 19 injured people at the civil hospital. Ten of the injured were discharged after treatment. There was no claim of responsibility for the blast.

ma/mud

Views: 10

GET IN TOUCH

SUGGEST A STORY

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

PAJHWOK MOBILE APP

Download our mobile application to get the latest updates on your mobile phone. Read more
Exit mobile version