Language

Don't you have an account with Pajhwok Afghan News?

Click here to subscribe.

Kabul attack: 12 dead, foreigners among 20 injured

13 Nov 2019 - 04:36
13 Nov 2019 - 04:36

KABUL (Pajhwok): At least 12 people were killed and 20 others, including four workers of a foreign security company, wounded as a result of a car bombing in Kabul on Wednesday morning.

Nasrat Rahimi, spokesman for the Ministry of Interior (MoI), said the bombing took place in the Qasaba area on Qasim Road at around 7:30am.

He said 12 people were killed and 20 others wounded, including four employees of the security firm World Guard wounded in the explosion.

He said children were among the victims. Three vehicles — two belonging to the foreign company — were destroyed in the attack.

Interior Minister Massoud Andarabi, addressing a conference, confirmed the killing of 12 people, including a school student, and injuries to 20 others.

He said four workers of a foreign security firm were critically wounded in the bombing.

No militant group has so far claimed responsibility for the bombing, but Adarabi tended to point an accusing finger at the Taliban.

“Such attacks will not harm Afghans’ desire for peace as they render sacrifices every day,” the minister remarked.

A Pajhwok reporter at the scene saw shattered windowpanes and damaged walls of nearby residential houses, as well as a mosque.

Syed Maqbool, a retired colonel and eyewitness, said his home was also partially damaged. He called the bombing the result of President Ghani’s decision on releasing three key Taliban leaders.

Mohammad Rafi, another eyewitness, said four individuals inside an armoured vehicle were completely burnt. He added 13 people were injured and evacuated to hospital.

sa/mud

Hits: 2

Related Topics

GET IN TOUCH

SUGGEST A STORY

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

PAJHWOK MOBILE APP

Download our mobile application to get the latest updates on your mobile phone. Read more