Language

Don't you have an account with Pajhwok Afghan News?

Click here to subscribe.

50 Daesh men surrender to govt in Nangarhar

50 Daesh men surrender to govt in Nangarhar

author avatar
24 Oct 2021 - 18:52
50 Daesh men surrender to govt in Nangarhar
author avatar
24 Oct 2021 - 18:52

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Intelligence officials in eastern Nangarhar province on Sunday said 50 Islamic State or Daesh rebels surrendered to the government through mediation of tribal elders.

Officials say they pardoned the Deash men on some important terms through elders’ mediation, but will take legal action if they violated the conditions in future.

The men surrendered to the Nangarhar National Directorate of Security (NDS) vowed not to establish any further ties with the group.

Dr. Bashir, director of the National Directorate of Security (NDS) in Nangarhar, told a gathering in this regard that about 50 ISIS militants, who were residents of Haska Mina and Koz Kunar (Shewa) districts of the province had been active in various districts of Nangarhar before they surrendered through tribal elders.

He added: “These people have been pardoned on the condition that they will apologize for their past actions, will not use any military equipment and will not use any communication equipment suspected by the Mujahideen, and will not be get together again.” “If they gather, they will inform the government. If they move from their village, they will inform local authorities.”

Dr. Bashir warned if the men violated the terms, they would be dealt with legally and would not complain after a general amnesty had been announced.

The surrendered ISIS members say they regret their past actions and assure that they will not carry out any anti-government activities in the future.

ma

Views: 537

Related Topics

GET IN TOUCH

SUGGEST A STORY

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

PAJHWOK MOBILE APP

Download our mobile application to get the latest updates on your mobile phone. Read more