Language

Don't you have an account with Pajhwok Afghan News?

Click here to subscribe.

30b afghanis projects underway in Nangarhar

12 Nov 2019 - 13:25
12 Nov 2019 - 13:25

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Projects worth nearly 30 billion afghanis are being constructed in eastern Nangarhar province, the governor said on Tuesday.

Shah Mahmood Miakhel told this to a gathering marking ‘Official Work Accountability” in Jalalabad, the provincial capital.

A number of government officials were present at the gathering organized by the National Citizen Charter program office and shared their annual performance reports and plans with the participants.

Nangarhar National Citizen Charter program head Sayed Rahman Momand said the event was aimed at informing people about their programs and to strengthen relationship between the people and government officials.

Governor Miakhel also spoken on the occasion and said their focus had been on security in district during the past 10 months.

He said projects worth nearly 30 billion afghanis were underway across the province.

Agriculture Director Samiullah Nasrat told the gathering that his department implemented 37 projects regarding livestock and agriculture this year and projects worth 333 million afghanis had been planned for next year.

A number of tribesmen were also took part in the gathering and termed such meetings beneficiary for them and urged the authorities concerned to continue holding such events in future as well.

pk/ma

Hits: 2

Related Topics

GET IN TOUCH

SUGGEST A STORY

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

PAJHWOK MOBILE APP

Download our mobile application to get the latest updates on your mobile phone. Read more