KABUL (Pajhwok): The Salang highway, connecting Kabul with northern provinces, reopened to traffic on Saturday, an official said.
Mohammad Ashraf Haqshenas, spokesman for the Ministry of Public Works (MoPW), wrote on his X account that the key highway had been closed on Friday night due to flash floods.
He said personnel from the Salang Maintenance and Monitoring Department of MoPW continued clearance operations until 1:30am, after which the highway was reopened to traffic.
He added that severe storms, heavy rains and floods had also been forecast in a number of provinces, including along the highway, over the next two days.
Haqshenas urged travellers using the route to exercise full caution during their journey and observe traffic rules.
kk