Language

Don't you have an account with Pajhwok Afghan News?

Click here to subscribe.

Civilians, Taliban killed in Uruzgan airstrike, nigh raid

15 Jul 2019 - 14:25
15 Jul 2019 - 14:25

TIRINKOT (Pajhwok): More than 35 civilians were killed and wounded in joint operations by Afghan and foreign forces in central Uruzgan province, a former governor and local sources claimed on Monday.

According to local sources, foreign and Afghan forces conducted night raids jointly on Taliban bases in Gezab district and faced with resistance.

Amanullah Taimuri, a former Uruzgan governor and resident of Khelj area in Gezab district, said the victims were his family members and their bodies were still buried under the debris. He said six Taliban were also killed in the airstrike.

Another well-placed source said the airstrike took place when Taliban militants were firing at the joint forces from homes of local residents.

The Khelj area is under Taliban’s control where Afghan and foreign forces often conduct airstrikes and night raids.

The source said Taliban commander Nasrullah and three others who recently returned from Pakistan had been killed.

The Governor House and police were unaware about the incident.

But 205th Corps in the west rejected reports of airstrikes and night raids. “We take these allegations seriously. ANDSF and our NATO partners make every effort to reduce risk to the Afghan people.”

nh

Hits: 0

Related Topics

GET IN TOUCH

SUGGEST A STORY

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

PAJHWOK MOBILE APP

Download our mobile application to get the latest updates on your mobile phone. Read more