Language

Don't you have an account with Pajhwok Afghan News?

Click here to subscribe.

Some Kabul wedding halls still operational: MPs

22 Mar 2020 - 14:09
22 Mar 2020 - 14:09

KABUL members on Sunday urged the government to extend awareness programs about coronavirus to villages, claiming wedding ceremonies still took place at some wedding halls in Kabul.

On 15th of this month, the Presidential Palace urged people not to hold wedding parties and other events to prevent coronavirus spread and until the coronavirus threat subsides.

Earlier today, the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) said 10 new positive cases of coronavirus have been registered in different provinces of the country, including Kabul, over the past 24 hours.

Addressing a press conference here, Public Health Minister Dr. Ferozudin Feroz said the number of positive coronavirus cases in Afghanistan has reached 34.

He said two foreign diplomats had been infected with the virus in capital Kabul.

A number of senators expressed their deep concern over the coronavirus spread at today’s session.

Senator Anarkali Hunaryar told today’s session that wedding parties continued to be held at some hotels in Kabul despite government’s ban.

She stressed over people’s cooperation and urged people to avoid wedding parties and other public events until the coronavirus threat subsides.

Senator Mohammad Ajan Mangal held similar view and urged people to avoid holding wedding.

Lawmaker Maliha Jami said most of the countrymen were illiterate and had no access to social media and information, thus the government should provide them awareness programs to prevent spread of coronavirus.

Another senator ZalmayZabuli urged the authorities concerned to extend awareness programs to he villages and appoint heath teams at the fours gates of Kabul to those new entries to the capital.

Meshrano Jirga chairman Fazal HadiMuslimyar also insisted on awareness programs and said all government resources should be brought into use to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

Meanwhile, Mula Mohammad Paiman, wedding halls’ association deputy head, told Pajhwok Afghan News in a telephonic conversation that they have well implemented the Presidential Palace decree in this regard.

He said within past 24 hours two wedding halls were closed and their owners introduced to the attorney office.

Pk/ma

Hits: 3

Related Topics

GET IN TOUCH

SUGGEST A STORY

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

PAJHWOK MOBILE APP

Download our mobile application to get the latest updates on your mobile phone. Read more