JALALABAD (PAN): Nine people were killed and a dozen others wounded as a result of a suicide attack in eastern Nangarhar province on Monday, officials said.
The bomber detonated his explosives-laden vehicle at the entereance to the Jalalabad airfield on the Torkham-Jalalabad highway, Ahmad Zia Abdulzai, the governor’s spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News.
Six civilians, two Afghan gauards of the airbase and an Afghan National Army (ANA) soldier were killed while two more ANA soldiers, a guard and nine ordinary people wounded in the blast, said the deputy police chief, Obaidullah Talwar.
Six dead bodies and four wounded people had been brought to the Jalalabad Civil Hospital, Public Health Director Dr. Baz Mohammad Sherzad said, adding the injured were in stable condition.
As usual, the Taliban by US troops, he said.
GET IN TOUCH
SUGGEST A STORY
PAJHWOK MOBILE APP