KABUL attack on the provincial capital had been pushed back and normalcy had returned to the city.
A man died and 35 people including civilians and security forces were wounded after Taliban insurgents stormed Kunduz City from four directions on Monday morning, capturing several posts, but the Ministry of Defence said security forces were in control of the strategic urban centre.
Governor Asadullah Amarkhel on Monday’s afternoon told a press conference that security forces had launched an operation in Aqtash, Dasht-i-Archi, Qala-i-Zal districts a few days ago, inflicting many casualties on insurgents.
The rebels in retaliation gathered from three provinces on Sunday night and wanted to take control of some parts of Kunduz, he added.
“Taliban insurgents faced stiff resistance from security forces and the areas where Taliban were in control have been retaken and the rebels driven away. The situation is back to normal.”
According to him, during the clashes, dozens of militants were killed and wounded and four security personnel were also wounded.