Language

Don't you have an account with Pajhwok Afghan News?

Click here to subscribe.

Fresh offensive launched against militants in Kunduz

14 Apr 2017 - 12:52
14 Apr 2017 - 12:52

KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): Large scale operation codenamed Khalid-1 kicked off in northern Kunduz province on Friday, local officials said.

Police Chief Brig. Gen. Abdul Hameed Hamidi told Pajhwok Afghan News the operation has been jointly launched by security forces from Kunduz City, the provincial capital.

Hameedi said militants fleeing from the area and two insurgents had been killed so far.

Security forces and civilians remained unharmed during the ongoing offensive, he added.

nh

Hits: 0

Related Topics

GET IN TOUCH

SUGGEST A STORY

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

PAJHWOK MOBILE APP

Download our mobile application to get the latest updates on your mobile phone. Read more