<p>MEHTARLAM (Pajhwok): Fifteen militants have been killed and as many wounded during a clearing operation codenamed “Pamir-5” in eastern Laghman province, an official said on Tuesday.</p>
<p>Sarhadi Zwak, the governor’s spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News the offensive involving the Afghan army and other security forces was launched on Monday.</p>
<p>He said 15 rebels had so far been killed and another 15 injured in the operation that resulted in driving the rebels from Basram, Ktal, Maidanayo, Hakimabad, Qasaba, Salem Gar and several other areas.</p>
<p>Zwak said key figures were among the dead insurgents and that the operation was ongoing and would continue until all the areas were completely cleared of militants.</p>
<p>Zabihullah Mujahid, <a href="/en/taliban" class="glossify-link">Taliban</a>’s spokesman, said 13 security officials were killed and one Taliban fighter was wounded during the offensive.</p>
<p>sa/ma</p>
<p> </p>