Language

Don't you have an account with Pajhwok Afghan News?

Click here to subscribe.

Civilians among 17 killed in security forces raid

Civilians among 17 killed in security forces raid

author avatar
19 Sep 2017 - 15:19
Civilians among 17 killed in security forces raid
author avatar
19 Sep 2017 - 15:19

KANDAHAR CITY (Pajhwok): Fourteen militants and three civilians have been killed in security forces operation in Lalak and Zark areas situated between the Khakrez and Ghorak districts of southern Kandahar province, an official said Tuesday.

Police Chief Zia Durrani told Pajhwok Afghan News the overnight offensive was conducted by Afghan Special Forces with support air force but no bombardment took place.

Eight rebels had been arrested during the raid. The detained militants were being investigated. Thirty-five motorcycles and some weapons were also recovered by forces.

Durrani alleged militants often attacked security forces and used civilians as shield.

Taliban and children suffered casualties during the operation.

Nh

Views: 1

GET IN TOUCH

SUGGEST A STORY

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

PAJHWOK MOBILE APP

Download our mobile application to get the latest updates on your mobile phone. Read more