Language

Don't you have an account with Pajhwok Afghan News?

Click here to subscribe.

10 Afghan soldiers killed in Khost gunbattle

KHOST CITY (Pajhwok): At least 10 Afghan National Army (ANA) soldiers have been killed as a result of a clash in southeastern Khost province, an official said on Monday.

Deputy police chief Col. Syed Ahammad Babazai told Pajhwok Afghan News that militants stormed an ANA check-post in Yaqoob Sabri district late on Sunday night.

He said 10 soldiers were killed, three others wounded and one had been missing as the overnight clash lasted a hour. He said nothing about militant casualties. A delegation has been dispatched to the area.

Abdul Khaliq, a resident of the area, claimed seeing the bodies of 12 ANA personnel that were transferred to the district centre. There has been no word so far from Taliban in this regard.

sa/mud

Related Topics

GET IN TOUCH

SUGGEST A STORY

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

PAJHWOK MOBILE APP

Download our mobile application to get the latest updates on your mobile phone. Read more