KABUL (Pajhwok): Ineffective security posts are being removed in Kabul and the process would begin from the capital’s 11th police district, the Ministry of Interior (MoI) announced Monday.
A statement from the MoI received by Pajhwok Afghan News said the move to remove fixed security posts and increase mobile patrols had been taken for ‘mental peace’ of Kabul residents.
The statement said the MoI’s plan also included change in the method of police activities, the use of a new security approach, the development of obscure and undercover sections of police, the capture of "criminals", and mobilization and speed of action.
“The MoI has practically started removing security posts which were ineffective and started mobile patrols instead,” the statement said.
The ministry said the process was launched from the 11th police district of Kabul and would be implemented in the whole of the province.
The statement also said the ministry had asked Kabul residents to cooperate with police patrols and report suspicious activities.
“The new method of police activities is more effective and criminals no longer have the courage to appear in open”, the MoI release added.
The new measures come after Amrullah Saleh took charge as acting interior minister on December 23.
mds/ma
GET IN TOUCH
NEWSLETTER
SUGGEST A STORY
PAJHWOK MOBILE APP