JALALABAD (Pajhwok): As many as 1,450 Daesh militants, including foreigners, have laid down arms in the past one month in eastern Nangarhar province, the Ministry of Interior said on Friday.
The surrendering fighters, including foreign insurgents, were currently in Nangarhar security forces’ custody, a statement from the ministry said.
As a result of good governance, public support and valour of Afghan and foreign forces, Daesh militants were forced to renounce militancy, it added.
Daesh hideouts and training centres in different parts of the province had been eliminated, the MoI statement claimed.
No one would be allowed to disturb public security, the ministry pledged, saying the security personnel were ready to lay down their lives in defence of their homeland.