Language

Don't you have an account with Pajhwok Afghan News?

Click here to subscribe.

6 security men killed, 16 missing in Kunduz attack

8 Oct 2020 - 14:25
8 Oct 2020 - 14:25

KUNDUZ (Pajhwok): Six security forces were killed, four injured and 16 others were missing after Taliban Sahib district of northern Kunduz province, a public representative said on Thursday.

Kunduz provincial council member Khalidin Hakimi told Pajhwok Afghan News the insurgents waged a coordinated attack on the security post in the district bazaar last night.

Meanwhile, a security official confirmed six security personnel had been killed, as many wounded and 16 others missing after the attack.

But Kunduz police spokesman Hijratullah Akbari said only one security personnel had been killed and a second wounded in the overnight attack.

The Taliban also confirmed the attack, with their spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid saying the fighters attacked a government security forces base in Rozi area.

He said eight security personnel were killed, seven wounded and 15 others were captured alive.

Clashes between security forces and Taliban insurgents have intensified amid ongoing peace talks in Qatar.

ma

Hits: 0

Related Topics

GET IN TOUCH

SUGGEST A STORY

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

PAJHWOK MOBILE APP

Download our mobile application to get the latest updates on your mobile phone. Read more