Language

Don't you have an account with Pajhwok Afghan News?

Click here to subscribe.

2 children killed in Nangarhar, Uruzgan blasts

20 Jan 2021 - 13:39
20 Jan 2021 - 13:39

TIRINKOT/JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Landmine blasts killed two children and injured another four people including women in central Uruzgan and eastern Nangarhar provinces, officials said Wednesday.

Uruzgan Governor Omar Sherzad told Pajhwok Afghan News one child was killed and three women were injured in a roadside bombing in the Gizab district on Wednesday.

The governor said the injured had been taken to a health facility at the Afghan National Army (ANA) headquarters in Tirinkot and their condition said to be stable.

Sherzad said security forces also discovered and defused 280 landmines in Gizab district during an ongoing operation.

In Nangarhar, one child was killed and another injured in a roadside bomb blast in the Pirangi Baro area of Sherzad district, governor’s spokesman  Ataullah Khogyani said, accusing the Taliban of emplacing the explosive.

However, the Taliban have said nothing in this regard.

bk/ma

Visits: 159

GET IN TOUCH

SUGGEST A STORY

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

PAJHWOK MOBILE APP

Download our mobile application to get the latest updates on your mobile phone. Read more
Exit mobile version