KABUL (Pajhwok): The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP) says crude oil worth 20 million US dollars extracted from the Qashqari oilfields has been sold.
Hamyun Afghan, MoMP spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News the oil had been extracted by the ministry and a Chinese company and was sold through a tender on Saturday.
He said: “When we stock 30,000 to 40,000 tons of crude oil, then we will tender it processing. The Saturday’s bid was participated four companies and one company won the bid. The winning company will offer the oil to the market after processing.”
He said the crude oil was sold to an Afghan company against $20 million.
He did not reveal the exact period of the extraction of this crude oil, but added it was extracted in a few weeks.
Meanwhile, MoMP wrote on its X handle that acting Minister of Mines and Petroleum Shahabuddin Dilawar and director of Afchain Company were also present at the auction.
It said the bidding was done through a transparent process and (TOF Oil Refinery Company) was declared the winner.
According to reports, MoMP started extracting oil from Qashqari oilfields on July 8, 2023.
kk/ma
GET IN TOUCH
NEWSLETTER
SUGGEST A STORY
PAJHWOK MOBILE APP