KABUL and Iran are set to launch today (Wednesday) a joint probe into the alleged killing of Afghan migrants by Iranian border forces.
Last week, Iranian border guards allegedly arrested scores of Afghan migrants and forced 50 of them into Harirod River.
Based on a demand from the Afghan government, Iran agreed to investigate the incident jointly.
“Afghanistan and Iran agreed on initiating a joint investigation today to find the facts about the recent border incident,” the Foreign Ministry said.
A statement from the ministry said the investigation would focus on finding the facts behind the incident and facilitate dispensation of justice.
The ministry emphasised the Afghan government’s determination to investigate the incident in a comprehensive and transparent manner in the interest of justice.
sa/mud
GET IN TOUCH
NEWSLETTER
SUGGEST A STORY
PAJHWOK MOBILE APP