KANDAHAR CITY (Pajhwok): The governor for southern Kandahar province, Dr. Hamayon Azizi, who was badly injured in January 10 deadly bombing, in an audio message has said he is in better health and would soon return home to continue serving his people.
Azizi was among several others injured in the blast inside a guesthouse at the governor’s house. He is currently under treatment in India.
The governor in his audio message received by Pajhwok Afghan News called the incident a terrorist attack and prayed for all the victims.
“First of all I want the souls of all victims placed in the heaven including Abdul Ali Shamsi, Hashim Karzai, Shah Ahmad Saeed, Yama Quraishi, Baz Mohammad Jawzjani, Safari and UAE diplomats and also wish fast recovery for those injured,” he said in his message.
He also thanked the Afghans particularly Kandahar people who shared their sympathy with him and prayed for his health.
Azizi hoped he would soon return to his office and continue serving people with a stronger will and work for development and peace in the country.
Kandahar governor’s spokesman, Samim Khpalwak, also said the governor’s health condition was improving with each passing day and he would return to his country soon.
He said several investigation teams were still busy probing the attack and they were yet to reveal the result of their investigation.
Twelve people including five UAE diplomats, two MPs and deputy Kandahar governor were killed and 18 others including Kandahar governor and UAE envoy to Kabul were injured in the attack.
The UAE diplomats had traveled to Kandahar to inaugurate an orphanage being constructed at a cost of $2 million paid by the gulf country.
Two days back, Kandahar police chief, Gen. Abdul Raziq, claimed progress in the investigation and said 17 suspects including some security personnel and officers had been arrested.
Investigative teams from Kabul, the UAE and Afghanistan based foreign forces’ have been in Kandahar.
The teams have found how the explosives were brought to the governor’s guesthouse and then placed them there, the police chief had said.
However, Raziq added full details about the investigation would be shared with the media after the process was completed.