Language

Don't you have an account with Pajhwok Afghan News?

Click here to subscribe.

Newly-wed Paktia couple dies of gas suffocation

22 Nov 2020 - 10:42
22 Nov 2020 - 10:42

GARDEZ (Pajhwok): A newly-wed couple died of suffocation due to gas leakage in southeastern Paktia province, the family said on Sunday.

The incident took place in a refugee camp area of Gardez City, the provincial capital, on Saturday night.

Mujibullah, brother of the groom, told Pajhwok Afghan News that the couple after tying the knot arrived at the groom’s home.

“It was their first night of marriage, they ignited the gas heater and went to sleep, but suffocated to death inside their room,” he said.

He blamed the import of poor quality heaters (Okarina Japan) to the country for the incident.

Dr. Ibrahim, one of the doctors in Gardez city, said the couple died due to lack of oxygen inside their room caused by the gas heater.

He called on people to be cautious and take the gas cylinder out of room before going to bed.

Sa/ma

Hits: 55

Related Topics

GET IN TOUCH

SUGGEST A STORY

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

PAJHWOK MOBILE APP

Download our mobile application to get the latest updates on your mobile phone. Read more