MAZAR-I-SHARIF (Pajhwok): A fire erupted in the furniture and mobile market in Mazar-i-Sharif inflected nearly one million afghani losses.
The fire erupted on Sunday evening in the Ahmad Mobile and Furniture Market situated within the limits of the 5th Police District of Mazar-i-Sharif City.
Balkh Police Spokesperson Mohammad Asif Waziri said businessmen suffered one million afs losses due to the fire.
He said Balkh Fire Brigade managed to rescue some equipment worth four million afs from being engulfed in fire.
The fire was caused by an electric short circuit.