Language

Don't you have an account with Pajhwok Afghan News?

Click here to subscribe.

DABS executed 43 different projects last year

DABS executed 43 different projects last year

author avatar
7 May 2024 - 22:44
DABS executed 43 different projects last year
author avatar
7 May 2024 - 22:44

KABUL (Pajhwok): The Da Afghanistan Breshna Shirkat (DABS) implemented 43 different development projects last year at the cost of nearly 1.3 million afs, an official said on Tuesday.

Hekmatullah Maiwand, the spokesperson for the DABS, told reporters here that contracts for 104 different projects that included the arrangement of fuel thermal plants and electricity-related equipment were signed last year, these contracts cost nearly 3.5 million afs.

He said last year — 1402 — 26 goods-related projects that cost nearly 1.2 million afs, nine construction projects that cost 65 million afs and eight non-consultative services projects that cost 46 million afs were implemented.

Maiwand added last year $105 paid to Uzbekistan, $71 million to Tajikistan, $26 million to Turkmenistan and $48 million to Iran against electricity imports.

He said electricity import contracts with Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Iran had been extended for 2024 as well.

DABS Operation Department Head Abdul Rahman Rahmani said talks with the World Bank leadership regarding CASA-1000 had been held and an agreement in this regard would be soon signed

He said in the past 72 percent work of the CASA-1000 project was completed and the remaining 28 percent would be completed soon.

He said the implementation of the 40MW solar energy project in the Dehsabz Tarakhel locality of Kabul had been finalized and work on this project would be kicked off after approval from the Economic Secretariat.

Talks for the implementation of two separate 40MW solar electricity projects were underway in Nangarhar province as well which would be soon finalized.

Rahmani said that the rehabilitation work on a sub-station in the Chamtal district of northern Balkh province was completed and nearly 1,200 customers were being benefited.

Mirwais Attae, deputy head of the DABS Marketing Department, said that last year 37 billion afs revenue was collected.

He said last year 186 million in electricity debt was collected from former politicians and powerful individuals.

nh

Views: 35

Related Topics

GET IN TOUCH

SUGGEST A STORY

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

PAJHWOK MOBILE APP

Download our mobile application to get the latest updates on your mobile phone. Read more