Language

Don't you have an account with Pajhwok Afghan News?

Click here to subscribe.

2 journalists released in Kandahar, says Mujahid

KABUL (Pajhwok): Journalists Mohammad Ibrahim Muhtaj and Mohammad Yar Majrooh have been released after being arrested in southern Kandahar province, an official said on Wednesday.

Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA) spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told Pajhwok Afghan News the arrest of the two journalists was not linked to their professional work.

Reports said Majrooh had been arrested on July 27 and the other journalist on July 28 in Kandahar.

Mujahid explained one of the journalists had been charged in a political case while the other faced a criminal case. Both had been freed, he confirmed.

In a statement, meanwhile, the Afghanistan Journalists' Center welcomed the release of the two media professionals.

hz/mud

GET IN TOUCH

SUGGEST A STORY

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

PAJHWOK MOBILE APP

Download our mobile application to get the latest updates on your mobile phone. Read more