PARON (Pajhwok): Construction work has been initiated on a health centre at a cost of 28 million afghanis in the Noorgram district of eastern Nuristan province, an official said on Sunday.
Funded by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), the Basic Health Centre (BHC) is being built in the Koltan area of the district.
Faridoon Samim, the governor’s spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News the health centre would account for 28 million afghanis.
Meanwhile, residents of the area welcomed the construction of the health facility.
Mohammad Iqbal, an inhabitant of the area, said they were previously forced to take their patients to the district health centre after two hours of walk.
kk/mud