Language

IRGC denies post-ceasefire attacks on any country

By Sohrab Sarwari

April 10, 2026 - 10:21 am

Views: 281

<p class="p1"><span class="s1">KABUL (Pajhwok): </span><span class="s2">Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps</span><span class="s1"> (IRGC), in response to </span><span class="s2">Kuwait</span><span class="s1">’s announcement that one of its National Guard bases had been targeted, has stated that it has not carried out any attacks on any country since the start of the ceasefire.</span></p>

<p class="p1"><span class="s1">According to Iranian media, the IRGC said in a statement on Friday morning: “In recent hours, various news agencies have published reports about drone and missile attacks on facilities in some countries along the southern shores of the Persian Gulf. We inform that the armed forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran have absolutely not launched any strikes against any country during the ceasefire up to this moment.”</span></p>

<p class="p1"><span class="s1">The statement added: “If these reports are true, they are undoubtedly the work of the Zionist enemy or the United States.”</span></p>

<p class="p1"><span class="s1">The IRGC further stated that if it strikes any target, it will announce it.</span></p>

<p class="p1"><span class="s1">The statement came hours after </span><span class="s2">Kuwait</span><span class="s1"> reported that a National Guard base in the country had been targeted.</span></p>

<p class="p1"><span class="s1">Kuwait said one of its National Guard bases was attacked, causing “significant material damage,” though no casualties were reported.</span></p>

<p class="p1"><span class="s1">In a separate statement, the Kuwaiti military said air defence systems had been activated to counter drones, and that some vital facilities were targeted.</span></p>

<p class="p1"><span class="s1">sa</span></p>