Language

Nearly 150 acres of land in Balkh declared state-owned

By Ahmad Sohaib Hasrat

Aug 18, 2026 - 14:58

Views: 12

KABUL (Pajhwok): The Ministry of Justice says nearly 150 acres of land known as the “Mayar Mina Township” in northern Balkh province has been declared state-owned following a Sharia ruling by a special court.

According to a ministry statement, the land is located in the Qala-i-Hajeri area of the ninth municipal district of Mazar-i-Sharif.

The ministry said the Commission for Prevention of Land Grabbing and Restitution of Grabbed Lands had previously investigated the case and, under Article 17 of the Law on Prevention of Land Grabbing and Restitution of Grabbed Lands, referred it to the Special Court for State-Grabbed Land Cases in the Northern Zone.

After examining documents and evidence submitted by the occupants and the commission, reviewing property records and obtaining information from relevant authorities, the special court ruled that the entire 150-acre plot was state property, the statement said.

According to the ruling, the occupants must hand over the land to the Commission for Prevention of Land Grabbing and Restitution of Grabbed Lands.

The ministry said the process of surveying, verifying and reclaiming grabbed state land was continuing across the country.

It added that the commission, provincial technical teams and relevant special courts make decisions on disputed state land after thoroughly examining documents, evidence and information provided by relevant government institutions.

hz/sa