Language

Don't you have an account with Pajhwok Afghan News?

Click here to subscribe.

Car bomb, 2 suicide attackers held in Nangarhar

10 Dec 2019 - 12:06
10 Dec 2019 - 12:06

JALALABD (Pajhwok): Intelligence operatives have seized a car bomb and two would-be suicide bombers before reaching their targets in eastern Nangarhar province, officials said on Tuesday.

Governor Shah Mahmood Miakhel told media persons that the alleged car suicide bomber and his associate had been arrested by National Directorate security (NDS Khalis Families area in the limits of the 6th police district of Jalalabad City, the provincial capital.

He said the detainees had been under NDS chase for the past one month and finally arrested them on Monday.

He said the detained assailants were linked to Taliban militants and wanted to target government institutions in the province.

The would-be bomber Riaz aka SadamHussian said he wanted to blow himself on foreign troops.

The car bomber, Suliman Shah aka Zubiar said he has been operating in Taliban ranks for the past six years.

Officials said the detainees belonged to Noor Gul district of Kunar province.

The Taliban have not yet commented in this regard.

pk/ma

Hits: 0

Related Topics

GET IN TOUCH

SUGGEST A STORY

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

PAJHWOK MOBILE APP

Download our mobile application to get the latest updates on your mobile phone. Read more