KHOST CITY (Pajhwok): Around 13,000 children in southeastern Khost province are deprived of education due to absence of schools in their areas, an official said on Thursday.
Syed Kabir Sangin, media official at the provincial Education Department, told Pajhwok Afghan News that they were trying to provide education to the out of school children in their areas.
He said: “About 13,000 boys and girls have reached the school age, but they are deprived of this right for being far away from schools.”
He added based on a uniform development plan, educational projects were being carried out in all areas, something undone in the past.
Residents of Nader Shahkot district say there is no school in some areas of the district and children there are deprived of education.
Shamir Haqyar, a resident of the district, asked the authorities concerned to increase the number of schools in the district.
He added: “There are no schools in some areas of Nader Shahkot district due to which many children of school age remain deprived of education.”
Another resident Noorullah Noori told Pajhwok that thousands of girls and boys in some areas of Khost had no access to education.
On the other hand, Shabir Ahmed Usmani, director of information and culture of Khost, also acknowledged that the educational process in some areas of the province had been unsatisfactory.
He told Pajhwok Afghan News that together with the Department of Education of Khost, he had sent a proposal to the Ministry of Education to build 100 schools and the result of which will be known in the near future.